Thursday, July 17, 2014

Settled

We've been married for almost 3 months now and I can't believe how settled we are into our new home, new routine, and new roles.



Our home feels like home. We've decorated, RG has the whole place wired and hooked up to be controlled by his devices, and it smells like Anthropologie, sometimes (shoutout to our Capri Blue candle a sweet friend gave us). Ryan has given me creative license to make and paint and decorate and I have given him the power to organize however his heart desires. One of the things I was most excited about when we found our apartment was having a place we could share with friends, which we did this summer with all of our new friends and our friends who came to visit us!
 
Our new routine is comfortable. I go to work at 8:00 and I'm home at 4:35. The first half of the summer, RG had a med-school-thing with UTMB so he was up at 9:00 and in class or lab for a few hours each day right across the street from my hospital. Best part of the med-school-thing? Our new friends! Happy hours, Spurs playoffs, game nights, and power hours... is this what the next 4 years will look like? Maybe not, but even with a few years of intense studying and hard work, it's comforting to know that RG has some great friends in his classes to go through it with - and I'm so grateful that they accepted me as part of the gang for the summer.

Our new roles are probably going to change again very soon. I am an intern all day while RG is the launderer, exerciser, unpacker of those last few pesky boxes that we are trying to avoid, and enjoyer of the last bits of freedom he has before school starts up. When I get home, I am the napper and RG is the cook. I am the eater, he is the dishwasher, and we are the watchers of Netflix (lately It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia). Those are our roles Monday through Friday. The weekends are wildcards. Come September, I will *hopefully* be an employee, a licensed social worker, and a suga mama while RG is the student, the hermit, and the scrubs-wearer. The latter might be my favorite of his upcoming role transition ;)

Now I'm off to make us some coasters while Ryan searches for new recipes so we can start being "meal planners" and stop being macaroni-n-cheese-out-of-the-box eaters.


No comments:

Post a Comment