Friday, May 16, 2014

Wedding: Rehearsal Day

Three weeks have passed since the wedding and I am still thinking about all of the wonderful things that made up our favorite day. Here is a little summary of some of the beautiful things that made the day before the wedding so special.



On Friday of wedding weekend, my family and bridal party arrived in San Marcos. Other than my bridal shower, I've never spent time with Carly, Taylor, Jessica, Claudia, and Natalie at the same time. It was awesome to have so many of my closest friends together and it meant so much that they sacrificed so much of their busy lives (dental school, finals, full time jobs, being a mom, etc.) to help me out and support RG and me that weekend.

The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were smooth (thanks to some skilled chefs in the CSC kitchen!) and fun. It was surreal to go through all of the motions that I had only witnessed as a guest sitting in a pew and to see Ryan waiting at the end of the aisle - ish got real! We had spaghetti and spirits after the rehearsal; it was delicious!




 Since Ryan had 2 Best Men and I had a Maid-of-Honor and Matron-of-Honor, we decided that we would have best man, Kyle, and Matron-of-Honor, Carly, give their speeches at the rehearsal dinner along with the speeches from my dad and Ryan's dad. Carly is a very heartfelt person and her speech would've probably made a complete stranger cry. She talked about the absence of my grandma Mimi from the wedding and how much she would have loved to have been there, had she still been alive. She talked about Mimi's love for Ryan and how he had already become a part of the family. She talked about how much Ryan loves Ruby, too, and what an awesome uncle he is. Mimi really would've loved to have been there.

My dad followed Carly's speech and followed the same tune - Mimi was so clearly missing from the day and Ryan is so loved by my family. Carly and my dad are two of the most kind and genuine people I know and the words they gave us were such a gift. I only wish someone had recorded it.


To end the rehearsal dinner, after the other two speeches, Konrad played the accordion for everyone! It was awesome. He began with "That's Amore" by request and followed with some pop music. Ruby loved the accordion!


At 10:00 we left the church and went our separate ways - bridesmaids to the hotel, groomsmen to their apartment. It was a very laid back and relaxed day- definitely what we needed after last minute planning and before the big day that would follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment