Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wedding: Best Advice on Planning

The best advice that I received during our engagement was from my sister, Carly. It wasn't so much advice as it was a statement, but it helped me stay grounded throughout the wedding planning process. My stress levels were surprisingly low when it came to planning the wedding; I knew it would all come together and I wasn't too particular about much.

I was talking to Carly about how overwhelmed and stressed out people get over wedding planning (...and how unnecessary and ridiculous it seems) and she said, "Wedding planning isn't stressful. Not knowing where you're going to get your next meal is stressful." That really stuck with me- it is so true!

I think that this sentiment is essential for any bride-to-be. Whether the wedding is small and intimate, like my parents and my sister had, or really big, like the 700 guest wedding the couple we sat next to at Engaged Encounter were planning, I think it is important to maintain an attitude of gratitude and humility and remember what my sister told me.






Disclaimer: I did get stressed out hardcore for about 15 minutes post-Mass on wedding day. It was ugly. Then it was over!






No comments:

Post a Comment