Thursday, July 31, 2014

RG is 23!

July 31 is the day that RG was born. If it weren't for him, who else would I coerce into spontaneous photo shoots in the corner of our living room that gets really awesome light? Who else would love me even when I wear really unflattering pants? Not sure. 

A Birthday Poem for my Bae, RG
There may not be a popular song about turning 23,
but here’s a little poem about my husband, RG.

If I’m ever watching Netflix, he’s probably nearby,
unless I’m watching “House of Cards.” He doesn’t like it (don’t know why).

He wears v-neck t-shirts and will soon wear a white coat.
When he does beat me at Scrabble (rare), it’s certain that he’ll gloat.

He’s handy and he’s brilliant and, quite frankly, he is hot.
A manly man, yet uses Pinterest! A genius with a crock pot.

Everyday he makes me laugh and every night he makes me dinner.
He’s eating healthy, working out, and looking toned and thinner!

Don’t know what I did to deserve to end up with the kind of guy
whose listening skills are top notch and who can handle when I cry.

He has a heart for people and recently whales, too.
He’s sweetest when I see him sweetly holding his niece, lil Roo.

My husband, Ruby’s uncle, a friend, a son, and brother,
a future doctor whose future children I’ll be the future mother.

We’ve spent the last year transitioning from place to place and role to role,
now that we are settled in and comfy, my heart feels so very full.

So happy with you, happy at home, you make me happy in every way.
Hope you have some happy on your 23rd birthday!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment