Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#SRBachelorette: Shower & Bachelorette Party Weekend


Before this new semester of grad school began a few weeks ago, my favorite ladies came together in Austin for my bridal shower and bachelorette party. I am so amazed that it all worked out, knowing how busy everyone is with school, family, work, kids, husbands, and that my bridesmaids had to drive from Dallas. It meant so much that they all took the time out of their weekend to spend celebrating with me.

Friday evening, my bridesmaids arrived from Dallas and we checked into our hotel for the weekend- the A-loft at the Domain (snaps for Natalie's employee rate!). Then we went to dinner at one of my favorite places to eat fried foods, which was conveniently located directly beneath the hotel- The Park. RG, Chris, and Nick joined the ladies - Carly, Taylor, Jessica, Natalie, Claudia, Ruby, and myself - for some great food (and delicious strawberry skinny margaritas. #yum).



The shower was Saturday afternoon and it was so great. I don't know how Carly has time to do everything she does - raise a perfect angel daughter, have a full time job, and plan amazing parties and showers. She and the rest of the bridal party did an amazing job decorating and setting up and creating the ULTIMATE playlist. It was all so special and all the little details were much appreciated. One of my favorite details was the bowl of heart shaped gummies; they know my dietary likes too well! Also, my aunt Sara's amazing sugar cookies that were shaped like wedding dresses and decorated individually... not to mention delicious. I also discovered that I am a big fan of mimosas, especially when the rim is coated in pink sugar. My mom, aunt Sara, and cousin Alex drove down for the day (3.5 hr drive), which was very special. RG's mom came up from Schertz as well. It was so awesome to have friends from high school, undergrad, grad school, all different friend groups, and family in one place! Can only imagine how awesome of a feeling it is to be surrounded by everyone at the wedding.



After the shower, we grabbed P.Terry's (duh) and headed back to the hotel to get ready. Carly picked us up and we met up with the rest of the gang at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar downtown. I'd never been to the 6th street area of Austin, so I knew it was bound to be a good night. Some highlights:

  • Going onstage with MEGAN
  • having a Canadian at Pete's buy drinks for me, for the girls at my table, for all the girls, and basically spend way too much money on us for no reason other than the fact that I had on a tiara with a veil. Thanks, Canada!
  • getting marriage advice from strangers; the overwhelming majority of advice involved "communication."
  • a great free Grey Goose drink (I loved it, the other girls thought it tasted like plastic apparently)
  • free everything drinks
  • meeting up with Ryan, Chris, and Konrad at the end of the night
  • it was pretty much just great. :)
not pictured (somehow): MeGaN
 The next morning, the out of town bridesmaids and Megan and I woke up, packed, and went to P.Terry's. We started the previous night with P.Terry's and having it for early lunch to wrap up an incredible weekend was just perfect! Thank you so much to my bridal party - Matron Carly, Maid Taylor, and Bridesmaids Claudia, Jessica, Natalie for putting together such a memorable and special weekend. Thanks to my mom, aunt, cousin, perfect angel niece goddaughter, and future MIL for joining me for the shower and making me feel so lucky to be a part of a great fam! So very grateful and thankful for my sweet friends who came to the shower and bachelorette party to help me celebrate and feel so loved - Hayley, Courtney M, Caitlin, Megan, Cristina, Andreina, Becca, and Courtney H. Best weekend ever! Let's hope April 26 can top it ;)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment