Tuesday, February 11, 2014

RG, Me, & UTMB!

Ryan found out last Monday that he was accepted to medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston! Here's a little play by play of how that day went.

I knew the med school match results would be posted at 8 a.m. on Monday and I couldn't sleep because I knew what a big day it was. I didn't want RG to know that I was so shaky and couldn't wait for the results, so I played it cool like this:
but inside I was feeling like this:

Ryan had to leave to go to work once the results were posted, so as 8 a.m.
approached and the minutes seemed to drag by, he was sitting there like this:

It was 7:59 and I was practically shaking!
Ryan was sitting at his laptop and then he looked over at me like this:

and I was like:


I ran over and saw the "Congratulations!" message on the screen that said he was accepted to UTMB! Then I ran out of the room to get him the "I'm going to medical school" t-shirt I ordered for him a while back. Then I gave him the shirt and the partying commenced.
 we danced...

and danced...

and then Ryan would read the screen again to make sure it was real...

and then we kept dancing and partying... 

and then I'd be like, "oh my gosh... you're going to medical school," 
and we were so happy and in shock still.

Then we went downstairs to tell Ryan's mom the news...

 and I just kept dancing while Ryan told her...

and then we partied a few more minutes before Ryan had to leave for work.
It was the best morning ever!!! 

 So, now we get to move to Galveston and live happily ever after.


Really though, Ryan only subbed a half day so we went to Houlihan's for lunch when he got home. Then later that night, we had tickets to go see Aziz Ansari perform at the Majestic in San Antonio! We got all dressed up, went to some fancy bar for drinks (note to self: I HATE DRY MARTINIS) and fireball shots, then went to the show. It was really funny! Afterwards, we waited for Aziz out by the exit that one of the Majestic workers told us he would come out of, but after about 45 minutes we realized we were in the wrong place. We then found his tour bus and left a wedding invitation for him under the windshield wiper. Some rando girl we met outside his bus told us later that she handed our invite to his manager! Then Ryan and I went to Pat O'Brien's where he had a Hurricane to celebrate. It was so so so cold outside. Then we went home.... and we're stilllll celebrating that RYAN IS GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL! I'm so proud of him and all of the hard work he put in to get to this point. I'm also glad that the MCAT is gone forever!








No comments:

Post a Comment